News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Multi-mega

Started by Vertigo, June 18, 2005, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertigo

Hi chaps, just was browsing through my Megadrive game boxes and saw the old poster ad for the Multi-Mega.

Haven't done any research coz I'm off out the door to go shopping, so yes, colour me lazy as hell, but I'm wondering;

1) Is there a 50/60Hz and Eng/JP switch mod available for the Multi-Mega, as with the Megadrive 1?
2) What sort of socket does it have on the back, to output. Does it have the multi-pin effort like the Megadrive 1, or does it only support composite via RCA jack?

Also, does it have a seperate headphone jack for stereo sound, because my Megadrive 1 RGB cable uses the headphone jack for stereo sound, which isn't supported through the normal socket (mono only by default).

If it can do the above, I'm going to look for one to buy, if not then I probably won't bother and will just go about getting a MCD1 instead so that I can chuck my MD2 and MCD2.

Cheers.

NFG

MultiMega, known as the CDX in North America, has a MD2 compatible AV output port.  You CAN mod it for 60Hz and UK/US/JP modes, but it's a right bitch 'cause it's so hard to open up.  

Also I can't remember if anyone's figured out where the points are.  I haven't tried to solve this mystery in a long time.

Yes, it has a stereo jack, both a line-out and a headphone jack if I remember correctly.

kyuusaku

Opening it up is nothing compared to fitting some sort of PROM inside. Probably would have to go with TSOP flash.