Do I need voltage converter to play Pal on us

Started by muji112, June 13, 2005, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muji112

Do i need a voltage converter to play a Pal SNES in the  U.S.?

And do i need a voltage converter to play a U.S. SNES system in Europe/Pal region?

Agentspikey95

unless you have an NTSC/PAL switchable TV, you need more than a voltage converter. I don't know what all you'd need, google it.
Why are you reading this?

phreak97

yes, you need a voltage converter for a us snes in pal regions, but you can use a us NES power cable for a pal SNES, if you do that, you wont need the adaptor. otherwise youll need it for both.

after that you still need a compatable tv or monitor

muji112

So if im here in the U.S. and I have a pal system, i'll only need to use a regular 8-bit Nes Ac Adapter and Rf switch to hook it up to my u.s. TV?

Also how can you figure out if a persons t.v. in a pal region is compatible with a U.S. Snes, and is there anyway around buying a voltage converter to play a U.S. Nes in a pal region??

phreak97

if you connect the pal system via an rgb cable to your us tv, then yes, itll work.

instead of a voltage converter for my us snes, i used a pal megadrive 2 wall pack, cut the cable off the snes one, then wired it into the megadrive one.

dj898

firstly what's the power rating on your PAL SNES power pack?
If it says 100-240VAC then you can use without power transformer but if it says 220-240VAC then you will need one...

also consider the TV issue as I don't think there are that many NTSC-U TV that can sync on PAL signal...

muji112

where can i get an rgb cable and how much do they usually cost?

Agentspikey95

Your US TV most likely doesn't support RGB video. You probably need a PAL to NTSC convertor.
Why are you reading this?

dj898

PAL->NTSC converter is horrible unless you get pro grade stuff...
might as well get RGB->YUV transocder proviided yo have TV with Component input...