playstations 2 power supply

Started by ducktapevoodoo, May 19, 2005, 06:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducktapevoodoo

does anyone know what pin is what where the psu hooks upto the system

im trying to hook up a pc fan

kendrick

Are you modifying an original model PS2 with the hard drive bay, or a slimmer PSTwo model with the DC input? Either way, if it were me doing this mod I would tap a 5 volt connection coming off of a USB port, rather than running a wire straight from the power supply. This has the benefit of being regulated already, and current limited to boot so that you don't accidentally set fire to anything. Just a suggestion.

Back to the original question... If you're modding a PSTwo then obviously you have about nine volts coming off of the DC input directly. If memory serves, there are three different major revisions of the PS2 board, each with a slightly different power supply. If you have a requirement to tap directly off the main power supply, then you'll need to supply more information about what model console you have.

-KKC, who's moronically staying up late to see Star Wars.

ducktapevoodoo

its a big ps2 its model 300001 the fan needs 12v
idk i might just go get a 5v fan tho and use teh usb idea

phreak97

the original fan is 7.5v anyway afaik, so you wouldnt be able to use the original connections anyway. use a multimeter on the psu pins, find which is 12v. it's easy.

ducktapevoodoo

i dont have a multimeter  :( and im adding a second fan the origonal still works good i just want another blowin air out thru teh top of teh system and im gonna put a spiffy fan cover over it and maybe a few leds in there

phreak97

if youre spending the money on the mod, spend the $10 on a multimeter. im sure youll need it more than once in your life