Putting Famicom Disc System Data on a Famicom cart

Started by tomii, January 18, 2010, 05:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomii

Hey everybody!

I found an interesting link to a site where a guy makes his own Super Mario 2 cartridge.
http://bakutendo.blog87.fc2.com/blog-entry-157.html

Is there an easy how-to guide for this technique somewhere? If you know of any, please tell me!
I would so want to play the real SMB2 (-_- ) Maybe you could do it with other Disc System games as well...

Thanks in advance!
My webcomic: www.pierreonline.net

NFG

That's pretty awesome, actually.  No doubt you COULD do it, but the question is: How many good games are on disk and not already on cart?  DokiDoki Panic is the only one that springs to mind, and it's available as SMB2. 

l_oliveira

Even better, SMB2 uses the MMC3 mapper which allows for animated backgrounds and Doki Doki Panic don't have that as FDS uses the old and simple plain VRAM. Same reason why games converted by Nintendo from FDS to MMC1  such as Metroid,  Zelda 1 and 2,  Hikari Shinwa Palutena no Kagami (Kid Ikarus) have no animated backgrounds.

Hamburglar

Doesn't seem he actually converted the data himself, looks like he burned the pirate famicom cart rom to eproms. Which people do for those NES SMB2J "reproductions" you see for sale all over the place.