News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PSTwo boot CDs

Started by Guest_Martin, December 27, 2004, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_Martin

Someone told me that a "regular" boot CD would allow me to play imports on my PSTwo as long as I have the "Disc Closed" censor taped down...
Wtf did he mean by "regular"?
Would a gameshark/action replay do?

benzaldehyde

Sounds like any boot disc would do. The PS2 had the habit of checking the legitimacy of discs every time you hit the eject button. The new design is far more conducive to import gaming (and it's soooooo cute :P ).

Martin

Thanks for that! =)
Anyone else have an opinion?
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

Segasonicfan

Yeah, that's probably true.  I haven't tried that on my PSTwo yet but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.  One warning I can give you is be VERY careful if you go down the modchip route for this system.  I broke 3 of them when I did a 100% perfect installation.  The chips appearently send an excess voltage to the lens IC (which is typical Sony crap) and burns out.  Only the newst modchips work...but stay away from the DMS ones.  They say they work but they don't X_x
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

The Outrider

From what I hear, the "fried laser IC" problem was only occurring with some fairly new model (v12?) of the PS2. My Silver one was one of these.
My Friendly Local Gaming Store broke, according to the guy who runs it, about fifty PS2s that way, which they'll obviously have to replace from their own money. Ouch. :(

Computolio

So wait- If I were to tape down the door sensor, just about any boot disc on the planet would work? Even a PS1 boot disc?

Sumez

I'd also like a list of boot discs that work with PSTwo and those that don't.

I'm getting a PSTwo once I can find an affordable one, and I have some Jap PS2 games, that I've been itching to play (just had to get them for the sake of collecting. :P)

Sumez

Bump

Import PStwo anyone?  :unsure: