US SNES PAL Import fix

Started by Guest_Chris, January 27, 2005, 01:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guest_Chris

Ok, so here we go.  I modded an old style SNES perfectly on my first try, but when I went to mod a newer version of the old style SNES I received some problems.  When I pulled up the pin 4 on the security chip instead of it working like my previous mod I didn't receive any power.  I was wondering if I had screwed up something when I was desoldering on the security chip would that effect the power?

phreak97

you borked it.
yes, you screwed something up while desoldering pin 4
i cant tell you what, cos i havnt seen the snes, probably a short somewhere.. check the fuse suspended in mid air in the top left of the motherboard.. its probably dead, and dont just bridge it if youre doing more work in the snes.. get a replacement

Guest_Chris

Preak97,
After further examination of the PCB I didn't find a fuse in the traditional sense (A glass tube with a wire in the middle).  Does the fuse look like a chip, because there is a chip "in mid air" on the PCB labled SOC 1.5A.  Could you post a message in response to this post.

Thanks

NFG

That's not a chip, it's a fuse like any other.  It just happens not to be glass.  1.5A = 1.5Amp, just like other fuses.  I replace 'em with 1.5A pica-fuses purchased at a Canadian electronics shop.

Guest_Chris

Thanks,
I have successfully fixed the problem.  It was the fuse.