News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Rare game: Shoot Range

Started by NFG, January 22, 2005, 03:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

As you might have seen on the main page (more permanent linky here) I found a rareish game for X68000 the other day.  As you can see above searches for it come up completely empty, however I didn't try to search for the JAPANESE name.

Turns out the game won 4th place for best graphics in Oh! X magazine, 1992.  Here's a magazine ad scan (And a local mirror). 

The guy with the scans has hundreds of scans on his site including some for an undumped game or three.  Here are some games I hope to dump when I get this Win98 box fired up:

Ku2
Queen of Duellist

Sadly there's no ad scan for SystemSoft's Nectaris port, which I will get 'round to dumping someday.

Other ads for undumped games:

PitaPat
Last Battalion, se/pre-quel to the PC Engine's Override

Here's something I've never seen before:Ponyon, some sort of mahjong/kyodai/Shanghai board/puzzle game?

And another, Robot Construction.  Looks like a predecessor of the amazing Playstation game Carnage Heart.

geoslake

hello

shoot range looks amazing
No progress been made on dumping or something ?

thanks

pro7

;)   we hunt and tested lot of many unknown things in occident.  few pictures there !   there must be others we did not have time yet to test/hunt.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=15163&highlight=

cdoty

Quote from: Lawrence on January 22, 2005, 03:19:51 PM
As you might have seen on the main page (more permanent linky here) I found a rareish game for X68000 the other day.  As you can see above searches for it come up completely empty, however I didn't try to search for the JAPANESE name.

Turns out the game won 4th place for best graphics in Oh! X magazine, 1992.  Here's a magazine ad scan (And a local mirror). 

You'd think if it won 4th place in a magazine, it would sell a few more copies. Could it be that people don't sell it because they think people aren't looking for it? This happens with a lot of old dos software.

I like the box design. Unless you're picture is deceiving, The thick X68000 box adds to it. I'd like to find a copy just for the box.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

NFG

Shoot range is a cute game flawed by old fashioned interface design.  Lots of little popup windows and a fairly cumbersome UI, demanding the player do a lot of pointless busywork instead of automating a lot of the repetitive actions.

No idea what I'm doing when I play it, sadly. =)

TheRogue

Sorry for reviving dead topics guys, but I have dumps of every game listed as undumped in this thread. The only one I'm unsure of is Queen of Duelist, as I don't have a game named just that, but rather Queen of Duelists Gaiden Alpha+. Not sure if this is a derivative game or what. Anyway Lawrence if you want to get a look at some of these (if you don't have them in original version already you scoundrel :P) just send me a message.
Go up to your brother, kill him with your gun. Leave him lying in his uniform dying in the sun. War, it's never been so much fun.

kendrick

Guys, please be cognizant of the policies regarding software copyrights on GamesX. It's one thing to discuss dumped software, and it's another thing to offer to share it. For the latter, please use private communication and not the boards.