News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

GBA import mod?

Started by TJ_Kat, January 19, 2005, 04:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

I'm sure I read somewhere that all GBAs are the same except for some bulges in the cartridge slot to distinguish between regions and all you have to do is get rid of them to get a region free GBA.

For the life of me, I can't find anything like that now, and I'm starting to feel like it was all just a very realistic dream that my brain thinks really happened (wouldn't be the first time this has happened).

Can someone confirm or deny this? I can't find anything on the subject, and it's really starting to bug me.

benzaldehyde

The mod for playing import GBA carts is quite complicated...

You insert the cartridge and turn it on.

;)

Sorry about that. I've been wanting to do that to someone for months. :lol:

Region coding has never been a part of the Game Boy's repitoire. I think you may be thinking about the SNES and N64, whose only regional problem (between the US and Japan) were little tabs that would discern cartridge shape. But the GB, GBA, and even the DS and PSP are region-free systems. Import and play away!

TJ_Kat

Heh, thanks.

I think I looked through a few too many webpages one day and had a dream that mushed them all together...

Well, at least I can win an argument now. My friend found a game she wants online that claims to have only been released in Europe. She went on and on about how sad she was because it wouldn't work on her GBA. Wouldn't believe me when I told here there would be no software problem. I'll show her! I'll show them all!!!!

*cough*