Looking for video cable spec of old Nintendo 1

Started by wrapper, December 29, 2004, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrapper

Hello together!

I recently received an old Nintendo 1(?) system as a present. Only problem: it is missing the cable for the video output. Who knows where to find some description for it? I.e. the dimension of the connector at the Nintendo and whether I can use a scart connector at the other end or have to use a normal RF (is this the correct term for it?). It would be nice to have it at the scart to not have to adjust a tv channel ...

Thanks in advance!

Yours,

wrapper

atom

What nintendo system did you recieve? The nintendo has no propietary connector, just a standard av jack.

The snes, n64, and gamecube use the Nintendo AV jack, and you need a nintendo AV cable. It uses a very small edge connector and making your own is pretty unlikely.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

French NESes have a custom AV port similar to the SNS/N64/GCN one - looks like this:

1  2 3  4 5

6  7 8  9 10

Assuming we're looking into the end of the cable, pinout is:

1 Video / luminance
2 Right / mono audio
3 Blue video
4 Ground for right / mono audio and blue video
5 Green video
6 Ground for green video and red video / chroma
7 Red ivdeo / chroma
8 Ground for video / luminance / blanking
9 Blanking
10 Function switching

atom

Are these pirate NESes? They have RGB? Holy bat anti-shark spray batman!

NFG

They're official, but they don't really output RGB.  They have a video->RGB decoder inside, so the image quality isn't really very good.  

atom

What the juice! RGB must be really popular in france then?

They use SECAM for their TV format, not the PAL that (most fo) the rest of Europe use, so to avoid having to cope with another vid format most French consoles just use SCART RGB. Like Lawrence said though, it's not that great since there's just a module in place of the normal RF encoder there which separates the normal video into red, green and blue - the duplicate grounds make the port handy to convert for a stereo NES though.