News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

GB video input

Started by Neon, December 07, 2004, 05:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon

:ph34r:

Hi i am new o this and wondered if there was anyway to input video into the game boy colour or if not that the game boy advance i have seen somthing to output video but never input

I want to use this for a portale vcd system

thanks in advance

NEON

NEON

thanks has anone got a DIY meathord tho

Alex

I wonder how many additional circuits are inside that thing.

comeon has noone ever attempted this

NFG

If you guys can't start singing in complete sentences I'm going to start banning IPs!!  >=)

That said, the cart in question almost certainly has a chroma decoder to separate the video, an Analogue->Digital convertor to create a digital signal, and a processor + RAM to hold the video and create a program and data-stream for the GBA to accept.

atom

What a waste! If you want to do a portable VCD system use a PsONE screen!
The GBA screen isnt going to have the right resolution anyways!
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Hk-47

QuoteI wonder how many additional circuits are inside that thing.
http://benheck.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1160
Scroll down.

Aidan

Yup, looks suspiciously like there's a digitizer in there, and the GBA processor just copies the output form the digitizer and displays it on screen.

You could probably make your own, but it'd be a lot of work to do so, and definately cost significantly more than just buying one off the shelf. Most homebrew digitalizers I've come across are fairly large!
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

Shimarisu

QuoteWhat a waste! If you want to do a portable VCD system use a PsONE screen!
The GBA screen isnt going to have the right resolution anyways!
I used my Logitec Gamecube screen personally, made an RGB SCART in. Looks awesome on a PC Engine, better than an LT.

Matarick

QuoteI used my Logitec Gamecube screen personally, made an RGB SCART in. Looks awesome on a PC Engine, better than an LT.
Since when Logitech made Gamecube Screens?

URL please?

NFG

Logitec is a Japanese peripheral brand, completely unrelated to Logitech.  Logitech in Japan is known as Logicool.