Gamecube VGA/Scart cable for NTSC Cube

Started by tkkara, November 12, 2004, 09:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkara

I have recently purchased a GC VGA cable from Hong Kong which is a D-Cable that has been hacked into a VGA cable. I can used this cable with a VGA monitor the play games in progressive scan mode.

Now I have a SCART RGB (PAL) TV that does not accept an NTSC signal so I cannot use my GC with this TV since I get a black and white picture. I have been told by the people I bought the VGA cable from that they also stock an RGB cable for the NTSC Cube that would allow use of the NTSC Cube with my SCART TV. These cables are also a hacked version of the D-Cables.

The problem is, these cables are expensive, and I was looking for a cheaper solution using my VGA cable.

Now, my question is, if I was to make adaptor which simply wire the appropriate VGA pins to a scart plug, would that be sufficient or would I need to get a new cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

NFG

yup, you can use the cable you've already got.  Just make a VGA->SCART adaptor, connecting the RGB lines, ground, and (usually) just tying the H+V Sync lines together for sync on the SCART end.  I've done this with great success.  In fact, here's a picture:

You can see that this is a SCART (Or more accurately a Japanese RGB) connector with a VGA port mounted in the side.  You don't have to do it this way of course, you can make an extension cable so you don't end up crawling behind the TV all the time.

atom

Im so confused, here comes another one of my questions...
I thought TV's would not accept VGA level rgb. Wouldn't he want to use the Nintendo analogue port?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

tkkara

Thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

In response to Atom's post, I'm actually using the Digital Port from the NTSC Cube on a European TV.