Normal keyboard to Dreamcast keyboard

Started by ORTA, November 10, 2004, 05:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORTA

Does anybody here knows how to modify a normal keyboard so it can be used as a dreamcast internet keyboard I asked this because i can't afford to buy a dreamcast keyboard  :(  

Aidan

You can get little converters that will convert from the PC keyboard protocol to the Dreamcast keyboard protocol. It's not a straightforward mod if you want to actually do the conversion yourself.
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

NFG

How can you not afford a dreamcast keyboard!?  They were $5 new in Japan!  Send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll send you a free kb.  I've got like six of the damned things.

Darkman

Really :blink: ? Unbelievable! Here, for example, they cost around 50 bucks... It sure sucks to live in a pirate infested third-world country :(.
I wonder how much do they cost where Orta lives.

Endymion

The PS/2 adapters are the way to go. You can use any PC keyboard or mouse device, including trackballs if that's you thing. That makes it a lot easier to use with your existing computer layout without moving things around, too. They're dirt cheap on ebay.

So are the Dreamcast-made devices, but a simple adapters is so much more versatile to have.

dj898

if you have to get the DC keyboard try to find skeleton one as it sure looks cool! :)

Or black keyboard I believe Dreampoint made bit more than a few some time ago???

My relative has one with her R7...
hopefully she can remember to bring them with her on her x-mas visit... he he

ORTA

QuoteHow can you not afford a dreamcast keyboard!?  They were $5 new in Japan!  Send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll send you a free kb.  I've got like six of the damned things.

I mean, it is really hard to find here in the Philippines and I don't know if it's ever been released here anyway how much should I send you? :D

and regards to Mr.Darkman,
piracy is really abundant here in the Philippines and I never support them maybe only once when I bought pirated DVD copy of "The League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen" when I placed it in my DVD player it was not that good because some jerk managed to slip into the movie theater with his videocam and taped the whole movie and transferred it to DVD I didn't understand the movie because of the poor sound and lots of noise made by the moviegoers heck you can also see the silhouette of the people going in and out of the theater. If ever I'll see that jerk I'll shove thye disk up his rear  :angry:  

atom

Don't worry ORTA, unless you haven't seen many movies you probably wouldn't have enjoyed "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

In the phillipines can you just walk into a store and buy a pirated disc? That must be a hard business with the internet and all. Here in the US I bought a pirated Windows 98 cd that I DEPERATELY needed for an older computer I wanted to run as a server. The guy convinced me it was Ok since I was using my own license. Want to know the funny part? That guy charged me tax!
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

ORTA

QuoteDon't worry ORTA, unless you haven't seen many movies you probably wouldn't have enjoyed "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

In the phillipines can you just walk into a store and buy a pirated disc? That must be a hard business with the internet and all. Here in the US I bought a pirated Windows 98 cd that I DEPERATELY needed for an older computer I wanted to run as a server. The guy convinced me it was Ok since I was using my own license. Want to know the funny part? That guy charged me tax!

Hey Mr.Atom

I'm sorry about bitching at you on the other thread I just got carried away, it's not a store that I just walked in to, it's a sidewalkvendor who sells it to me. I'm sorry again if I offended you!  :( and I hope I'm welcome on your site :)