Celphone games are expensive

Started by NFG, October 28, 2003, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Cellular games in Japan, while hugely advanced compared to the rest of this bass ackwards planet, certainly aren't cheap.  I could never DL them on my new phone 'cause some stooge at J-Phone set my phone's PIN  and didn't tell me what it was.  Naturally when I got that sorted I went a little wild sampling the sweet sweet nectar of Java games.  Here's my phonebill for the 30 days ending October 10th, in Yen.  I ommited tiny little charges and instead lumped them into a misc category.

1,950  Basic Charge
4,934  Web Access (mostly menus to locate + request games)
-2,250 Credit for banked time I never used
4,301  Contents (games + game subscriptions)
1,000  Misc (taxes, service fees, actual talk-time)
--------
9,929 (About $90 USD)

exodus

that's pretty reasonable.  for the 'privalege' of using the barely-functional web access, and the entirely non-functional email on my phone, I get to pay $60.  And I don't have any games.  So I can't even begin to find that bill expensive, especially since you have many games to show for it - right?

NFG

My phone only allows 600k for java apps, so I'm constantly deleting and cycling the 8-12 games I can store at any time.  If I had one of the newer units I could store the games permanently on an SD card and have quite the library.  =(

exodus

you should switch quickstyle.  if I'm in japan for more than a month I'm going to get on that...cause then I can play them in the US even, if they're permenantly stored.