matt can u please upload a schematic

Started by acem77, October 26, 2003, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acem77

matt could you please draw scan and upload a detailed schematic of what you did
to get the aa transcoder to work. maybe i can see what i am doing wrong?  i still have to test the aa transcoder on a high def set.

thanks

matt

I've already told you everything I've done - what more do you need to know?  I used an LM1881 circuit, exactly the same as on the GameSX page, attached the composite sync output to the VGA connector's hsync pin, and the vertical sync to the Vsync pin.  That's it.

BTW, what console are you trying to use?  I've asked you this before, but didn't get an answer.

acem77

i have tried genesis, turbo duo and neo-geo.
all work about the same.
originally they are hooked up to a rgb to svideo board.
i want to know cuz i dont want to miss any small details.
what points do you ground? do i ground the power supply with the games system ground? do you tie 6,7,8,10 and 11 together on the 15pin vga connector. how many volts are you using 5-12?
do i use the odd/even and or the burst/back porch out put
one quick hand sketch could show me every thing i need.

NFG

I'm gonna take a stab at this to save matt from answering what he's already answered.

> what points do you ground? do i ground the power supply with the games system ground?
> do you tie 6,7,8,10 and 11 together on the 15pin vga connector.

All grounds should be connected to the same ground point.  That's what it's there for.  If you have a ground connected to a different ground than any other ground in the circuit you've done it wrong.

> how many volts are you using 5-12?

This doesn't matter at all.  Not even a tiny bit.  As long as you're between the two you'll be fine.

> do i use the odd/even and or the burst/back porch out put

Follow the diagram.  If it's shown connected, use it.  If it's not, don't.  Matt said he did it exactly as the diagram showed, I'm not sure how you can still have questions about it.

> one quick hand sketch could show me every thing i need.

Don't panic, read what's been said, then do it.

acem77

i have done every thing listed and tried other things a few weeks ago.
i did evey thing just like it shows and had no luck. so i just wanted to make sure. cuz some thing was not working. i dont like beating anything to death but any last hope of any missing detail could make everthing happen.
it could not hurt to put a full detailded post on how to get
a rgb trancoder to work with a game console. i am sure i am not the only person that cares.

Tom61

Maybe your transcoder chip is fried. Maybe static, maybe you got it too hot when soldering to it(fried a LM1881 that way).

matt

If you can, try it out with the Saturn, PSX, and DC.  If you're able to, try using a DC VGA box with a 15khz mod.  You'll probably get better results - the Genny doesn't work well on it as is, and Neo-Geos are very similar in that respect.

misterX

pls help me to find psx to vga schematics adapter........

send me pic at my mail addres vixensu@libero.it

tx

NFG

Quotels help me to find psx to vga schematics adapter........

You're crazy, and here's the diagram you want:

http://elm-chan.org/works/scanconv/scanconv_sch.png