News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

SNES to PC

Started by Nebetsu, August 02, 2004, 08:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebetsu

How do I convert a SNES controller to a PC joypad?

Adeptus

Nebetsu

Well most of that just confuses me.  

Adeptus

Option 1:
Look at the links I posted in the other thread. Contact  RetroZone, order one of their kits (or premodded controllers) - it'll be easiest.

Option 2:
If you really want to do it yourself, use the Saturn pad conversion as an example. If you don't understand how to do this, you shouldn't be doing it.

Nebetsu

QuoteOption 1:
Look at the links I posted in the other thread. Contact  RetroZone, order one of their kits (or premodded controllers) - it'll be easiest.

Option 2:
If you really want to do it yourself, use the Saturn pad conversion as an example. If you don't understand how to do this, you shouldn't be doing it.
Well the thing is: I want to learn. I dont know this and I'm new, which is why I want to know how it all works.

NFG

The SNES controller protocol is well documented on gamesx.com, as is the Saturn protocol.  We're ignoring both for the purposes of this mod tho, and merely connecting one switch where another used to be.  It cannot get simpler than that, there's no way to simplify 'replace one switch with another'.

Scared0o0Rabbit

heh, the classic RTFM icon *grin* I didn't read hte other thread to see if it's mentioned, but you could always go with the directpad route.  Uses your parallel port, but it's quite easy to build and doesn't require permanent modification of your controllers so you can still use it on your console.  Do a google for ntpad or psxpad and look at the diagrams on building it, then just get the driver.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

phreak97

this site is in spanish (i think) but the diagrams are the same in any language, so its easy

http://www.emulatronia.com/reportajes/directpad/index.htm

just remember hembra = female and machos = male^^