Sony's 5" PSone LCD

Started by smd4420, December 10, 2003, 01:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smd4420

I got one of these screens recently for $50!! At first i was skeptical but it works just fine. It took about 1 min. to figure out how to work around sony's AV jack. But its only composite and the picture quality isn't that great. I can see dot crawl  :angry:  which I hate so much. So I was going to build me a color decoder for s-video ->RGB. But I dont know were the screen gets its sync in rgb. If the pinout is the same as the original PSX then I guess the monitor takes composite sync. Ethier that or the PSone has a different pinout. I haven't really had much time to play with it so i might find something out.

matt

The sync input is the Luma pin on the PSX connector.

D-Lite

What's the options for video in on this monitor?  S-Video and composite?  I can't find a reliable description of it.

matt

It takes RGB through the Playstation connector, and there's a mini jack for composite.

NFG

I'd really like one (or more) of these monitors, is there a cheap source for the Sony branded unit?  I can't get them for less than about $100 in Japan.

smd4420

QuoteI'd really like one (or more) of these monitors, is there a cheap source for the Sony branded unit? I can't get them for less than about $100 in Japan.

I bought mine with a bundle from Gamestop. It was the used PSone with LCD for $90. Used PSone's by them selfs cost $40.  I dont know if anyone sells the just the LCD used.

smd4420

The price for the PSone lcd combo is $90 not $80. So I payed $50 for the screen not $40. I would edit my posts but I keep getting refused connections.