Petition to ban bleckevilweredragon

Started by GZeus, December 23, 2006, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GZeus

Constant trolling, misinformation, lies, gibberish, and bad advice.
I can't think of one good thing he's done since he's been on any forum in any form.

I'd appreciate a simple yes/no and perhaps a brief example of why you voted either way.
That way things can be kept as civil as possible. hard thing to do while riding someone out on a rail...

These threads ultimately lead to a counter-attack. That's fine, just do it in another thread.
That will keep things from turning into mud-slinging, and I won't have to read the other one.

Endymion

I'm trying to think of a single helpful thing I've seen from you here, right now.

GZeus

QuoteI'm trying to think of a single helpful thing I've seen from you here, right now.
Again, start a threaad if you like.
All off topic posts will be responded to in kind or not at all.

RobIvy64

Although there are times when I doubt his knowledge with electronics, just because he is wrong doesn't warrant him being banned IMHO. If lack of knowledge were a bannable offense, then several people including myself would have been long gone.

He has an abraisive way of sharing incorrect information with confidence, but all we can do is voice our opinions as best we can.
"Console Mods" lurker

blackevilweredragon

and i can be proven wrong, and guess what, i even apologize for it..  ;)

RobIvy64

Quoteand i can be proven wrong, and guess what, i even apologize for it..  ;)
There isn't one person in this forum that can say they are right all the time, so there's nothing wrong with that.

It's just that people are starting to question the validity of your mods due to lack of real proof. The best thing for you to do is to show off a new mod or a project with as much proof as possible, which usually means good detailed photos.

No need to worry, you aren't going to be banned unless Lawrence is feeling particularly evil lol  :lol: .
"Console Mods" lurker

blackevilweredragon

that's why i got no fears !  XD

im gonna work on a new mod, and document EVERY bit of it, pictures, videos, sound clips, everything...   i don't know what mod it will be, but i'll do something, LOL

RobIvy64

Quotethat's why i got no fears !  XD

im gonna work on a new mod, and document EVERY bit of it, pictures, videos, sound clips, everything...   i don't know what mod it will be, but i'll do something, LOL
As long as there's proof to the madness then nobody should get sand in their shorts about it (including me)  B) .
"Console Mods" lurker

blackevilweredragon

yep ;)

*thinks about an NES surround sound mod---using the stereo mod, and a pro-logic technique for frequency separation*

RobIvy64

Quoteyep ;)

*thinks about an NES surround sound mod---using the stereo mod, and a pro-logic technique for frequency separation*
Sounds like a plan, as long as you can provide plenty of proof to back up your claims.

Here, simply showing off a revolutionary new mod isn't going to be enough. Make a post that not only shows off your mod, but contains detailed pics/video/audio and a guide for others to follow.

Now if you'll excuse me, my new Super Famicom is waiting...
"Console Mods" lurker

blackevilweredragon

i wish i had a Super Famicom, I just have the SNES..  (and i need to find a Pro Logic chip first, and it's schematics)

NFG

No one is getting banned, tho at this point if I were to ban anyone it would be GZeus.  That shit you spouted in a private message is not done around here.

GZeus, this is not the first time I've warned you, but it will be the last.  If you want to vent about how I'm powertripping just because I don't agree with you, go do it somewhere else.  I don't care.  You don't tell me what to do, and if you don't want to play by my rules you can find another sandbox.  

kendrick

Let me just say that the veracity of a claim doesn't matter to me. This board is all about ideas and concepts, and not necessarily results. I don't care if Blackevilweredragon really did or didn't do all the things he claims, what I care about is that his posts are usually interesting.

What does matter to me is if any poster has an emotional reaction and sets out to get a reaction, or deliberately attempts to bait or to harrass. That's only hurtful, and it ends up making us all look bad. I also don't know what anybody has to gain, since we're not exactly in the business of handing out badges or certifications. All we have to offer here is human respect, and lately that's something none of you clowns have demonstrated any familiarity with.

Everyone please have a look at Lawrence's sticky forum rules post, and my moderation note in the main forum. The relevant point to take away today is that this is a private board, and not one that represents a company or a product. Everything here is subject to Lawrence's preferences, and is not ever intended to be fair or democratic.

-KKC

RobIvy64

I'll build an e-fire so we can all gather'round and sing Christmas carols!  :lol:  
"Console Mods" lurker

GZeus

QuoteEverything here is subject to Lawrence's preferences, and is not ever intended to be fair or democratic.

-KKC
That's why it's a petition(no one HAS to act on an unsolicited petition), and why I...dont care about his rules(reverse order respectively).

He doesn;t care about the rules of civil human discourse, then I don't care about his rules.
I came here to get info and give a little.

I get chewed out for trying to let him know that letting people post unregistered allows spam in, and the same for other basic things.

The post i replied to should have been a PM. I would have put this in a PM as well and kept this private, but you've decided to drag this around in public.

blackevilweredragon

hmm, would you like some cheese with that whine?

GZeus

QuoteNo one is getting banned, tho at this point if I were to ban anyone it would be GZeus.  That shit you spouted in a private message is not done around here.

GZeus, this is not the first time I've warned you, but it will be the last.  If you want to vent about how I'm powertripping just because I don't agree with you, go do it somewhere else.  I don't care.  You don't tell me what to do, and if you don't want to play by my rules you can find another sandbox.
Again, I don't care, shit for brains.

The only thing you use your authority for is showboating and lording it over people.

You turn this place into an elitist shitstorm and the only people who can post comfortably are liars and know-it-alls.
it doesn't matter if things are true to you, just so long as they're posted as facts, not questions.

You're an ass.

I sent it in a PM to keep it private. And guess what; it does go on here. I sent the PM, so THAT ent on, and you're doing RIGHT NOW what I was talking about.

So, powermongering loser who think buying webspace makes him important, ban me.

I don't care.

it's irrelevant.

I started this thread to ban HIM so fewer people would get misinformation.
I tried to keep THIS bullshit out of this thread.

When the MODS start this shit, I couldn't care less aobut being on this board.

I'm just fucking venting now.

You can both take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
I'm sure you'd both fit, the way you're overcompensating.

Or maybe you should just move your dick from the end of your neck to your pants and gravity would help.

GZeus

Quoteand i can be proven wrong, and guess what, i even apologize for it..  ;)
The only thing you've apologised for is lying and that was only after you'd alienated the entire forum, and needed to stick around to keep trolling.
Never about your consistant denial that you did an overclock wrong(you dragged that thread into a lock) or the 68010 thread(again).

blackevilweredragon

uh, the 68010 was proven wrong?  me and Rob both contacted Agilent Technologies, and found out it was really a 68000 with a custom part number...  i wasn't afraid to share the results and table of the email, because when proven wrong, im not going to be stubborn...

GZeus

Quotebye bye :)
Dude, I feel like Archie at the end of Beyond the Chocolate War leaving you behind here.

They can have you.
They deserve it.

blackevilweredragon

well, the only one making a big stink over this, is YOU..  ever wonder why i didn't really like you?  cause when you try to prove me wrong, you have this thought, that you MUST put in a personal attack..  nah, not how it goes..

in the real world, you prove someone wrong, ok, fine..  but, if you prove them wrong, then have to say something stupid, you think they are gonna want to end it there?  not really...  YOU started that, you thought you could take me down, but guess what, it may have worked for a bit, but now it's just plain amusing, since you started this thread..

i need popcorn..  this should be released on BluRay MPEG4...

GZeus

Quoteuh, the 68010 was proven wrong?  me and Rob both contacted Agilent Technologies, and found out it was really a 68000 with a custom part number...  i wasn't afraid to share the results and table of the email, because when proven wrong, im not going to be stubborn...
A. You didn't apologise properly.
B. You were proven wrong the moment the games that aren't compatible ran properly.

That's called being stubbourn. When EVERYONE but you says you're wrong, you're either wrong or clinically insane. Sad fact, that.

I don't think you're clinically insane. I think you're either trying to appear smarter than you are for some kind of self-affirmation you lacked as a child, or you're a compulsive liar.

You need help.
I don't care if you get it, because I don't like you.

blackevilweredragon

if you don't like me, then why are you still here posting?

GZeus

Quotewell, the only one making a big stink over this, is YOU..  ever wonder why i didn't really like you?  cause when you try to prove me wrong, you have this thought, that you MUST put in a personal attack..  nah, not how it goes..

in the real world, you prove someone wrong, ok, fine..  but, if you prove them wrong, then have to say something stupid, you think they are gonna want to end it there?  not really...  YOU started that, you thought you could take me down, but guess what, it may have worked for a bit, but now it's just plain amusing, since you started this thread..

i need popcorn..  this should be released on BluRay MPEG4...
A: When someone lies to me repeatedly and implies I'm stupid, I take offense.
Calling you stupid is a fact that I no longer feel the need to say with tact at that point.

B: I was proven wrong on the MPEG4 thing(and readily admitted my ignorance), but wasn't their point that Blu-Ray DOESN'T use MPEG4? Because I never said it did. I never mentioned it until after they did...and i said I knew jack about it.

Go do more cocaine or whatever it is that allows you to act this way constantly.

kendrick

QuoteThat's why it's a petition(no one HAS to act on an unsolicited petition), and why I...dont care about his rules(reverse order respectively).
As I interpret this, the purpose of the petition is to demonstrate public support for your position. However, there is no 'public' here, only those invited to post. For the moment, Lawrence has chosen to allow registered and unregistered users to post freely.

To state more clearly, this forum is present for Lawrence's benefit and entertainment, and our benefit and entertainment is incidental at worst, shared at best. If you feel that Lawrence is not providing a welcoming environment, you have no further authority to which you can appeal. Nor is there a mechanism by which you can change other posters' content or behvavior. That's what is meant when we say this board is not a democracy.

If GamesX does not provide what you are looking for, I can do some research and suggest other websites that offer similar content in a structure that matches your expectations. However, if you're seeking to change the way that GamesX operates, then I'd like to kindly suggest that doing so will not have the effect you're looking for.

-KKC

GZeus

Quoteif you don't like me, then why are you still here posting?
Like I said before, I'm venting.

Do you read anything in threads you post in?
I know you don't read your OWN posts, because you contradict yourself several times a thread("That's why they hired Steve snake! HA! They Never hired Steve Snake!!!" "Wouldn't that make it go out of sync? But if you don't clock at different speeds it won't work." but you only skim OTHER people's posts...

blackevilweredragon

oh i read them, that's how i know when your there  LOL

i like your clock speed bit..  how do you think overclocking is possible?

and when i said raise the Z80 and 68k, it was so the Z80 played the music at NTSC speed, AND kept sync with the 68k..  had NOTHING to do with the video sync

GZeus

QuoteThat's why it's a petition(no one HAS to act on an unsolicited petition), and why I...dont care about his rules(reverse order respectively).
As I interpret this, the purpose of the petition is to demonstrate public support for your position. However, there is no 'public' here, only those invited to post. For the moment, Lawrence has chosen to allow registered and unregistered users to post freely.

To state more clearly, this forum is present for Lawrence's benefit and entertainment, and our benefit and entertainment is incidental at worst, shared at best. If you feel that Lawrence is not providing a welcoming environment, you have no further authority to which you can appeal. Nor is there a mechanism by which you can change other posters' content or behvavior. That's what is meant when we say this board is not a democracy.

If GamesX does not provide what you are looking for, I can do some research and suggest other websites that offer similar content in a structure that matches your expectations. However, if you're seeking to change the way that GamesX operates, then I'd like to kindly suggest that doing so will not have the effect you're looking for.

-KKC
Like I said, I'm venting at this point.

"COME TO ME!! I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME INFORMATION AND DO AS I SAY!!!"
WHAT A COCK.

I Tell HIM this and ONLY him and THAT 'endangers' me.

I like how he keeps THREATENING to ban me. I think he'd have done it if I cared.

His attitude will eventually bleed this place dry of all but those he despises most: people who want to know things he doesn't.

I won't know when that day comes, but it would be funny to see.

GZeus

Quoteoh i read them, that's how i know when your there  LOL

i like your clock speed bit..  how do you think overclocking is possible?

and when i said raise the Z80 and 68k, it was so the Z80 played the music at NTSC speed, AND kept sync with the 68k..  had NOTHING to do with the video sync
A: That proves you can identify a username.
B: Exactly. The video would go out of sync.
it would cause tearing, slightly or greatly, it would cause tearing.

Circular logic doesn't help you.

blackevilweredragon

how would it cause tearing?  do explain that..  you tried it?  prove it..

GZeus

Well, I'm done venting.

Bye.

Ban me if you like, but I'd prefer not to have to delete the email that says that, so if you could...not send it.

I won't be back.

blackevilweredragon

hah, guess you can't then..  bye!  :)  happy trails

Endymion

blackevilweredragon

LOL!!

I love Law and Order, and I love TNT.  XD

What's funny about that, above?  I just told him something he kept doing to me, "prove it", and guess what, he ran off!  What a hypocrite..

kendrick

QuoteHis attitude will eventually bleed this place dry of all but those he despises most: people who want to know things he doesn't.
GZ, your argument is based on the assumption that GamesX operates under the same principles as commercial forums. As the NFG pages are operated by one individual, there is no stated or implied goal towards retention of forum members. There's no advertising to sustain, no traffic restrictions and no core product to promote. For seven years and counting, GamesX continues to operate and to attract new readership in spite of the human failings of its administrator and all participating posters.

Any contribution any poster makes to the forum or to the wiki does not produce or imply a stake in the operation of the site. There is no payoff or reciprocity beyond gratitude and a sense of community. In other words, you don't get any say in how this place is run, and any concerns you have about GamesX may or may not be addressed. If this forum does not serve your needs, other alternatives are available. If you do not feel welcome to participate, you are not obligated to continue doing so.

-KKC

NFG

Well I guess if he's gone I don't have to go through the effort of shutting down his account.

Good riddance I say.  The man's deranged.  =)

I'd like to just point out two things:

1. Kendrick's right, it's my forum, and my word is law here.  that said, I consider this a benevolent dictatorship.  I listen to the users and often accomodate their wants or needs.  The PC mod forum was a result of user demand.

2. I listen to users who have bitches and complaints if they're capable of making them known in a civil manner.  GZeus is incapable of carrying on conversations without insulting the other party, even when he's asking for something he wants, so fuck him.  No results, no sympathy.

And, oh yeah, 3. It's been about ten years now, not seven, give or take a few months.

Locking thread now.  Carry on with your lives.