Send Anonymous Emails to My Wii

Started by Blaine, November 23, 2006, 04:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaine

I tried to post it on the main page...and I don't know if I caused it to spaz, or if it's all the traffic we're getting from people checking out the Component Cable Hackery. But...

I've set up a webpage where you can send messages to my Wii.

http://www.configurationspace.com/wiimail/

Check it out. I'll be posting any particularly interesting or amusing missives I recieve.

I do anticipate about a 70% crap rate but... hey, all in good fun.
If you can mod it... I'll find a way to screw it up!

NFG

Is it just a mail forwarding form?

Blaine

QuoteIs it just a mail forwarding form?
Mostly.

See, Nintendo makes you register people so they can message you. So when you get your Wii from Japan, we'll have to exchange friend codes. Once both of us have registered we can message each other.

But the trick isn't that you can't message people who you haven't registered, it's that you can't recieve messages from someone you haven't registered.

You can also put a regular email address in your address book. Your wii sends an email to that address and they have to validate and what not. Then they can email you at w(your wii number)@wil.com.

So what that page does is spoof the email sender address to match an address I have already validated on my wii. Just forwarding it isn't enough, we have to make the email look like it came from a validated address.

Hopefully you'll get your Wii soon. It's good fun.
If you can mod it... I'll find a way to screw it up!