Twin Famicom on a 50" Sony LCD

Started by Manzo, April 05, 2006, 02:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzo

I just got myself a Sony Bravia 50" 3LCD rear projetion tv. Everything is fine and dandy, except my Twin Famicom.

The video has some weird glitches. I took a screenshot to help explaining this. Anyways, there seems to be 2 pictures: the other is a shadow, which causes the colors to have this "pearl" effect. In the middle of the screen is a pearly yellow bar, about 2cm thick. You can see the pearly stuff in the red background of the FDS logo and the yellow in the black background.

The weird part is that all the other older consoles, including my SNES and Genesis, work fine in both composite and RGB on the TV. Just my Twin Famicom is giving me trouble. The console works perfectly on our 21" CRT TV, so the console is fine.

I'm starting to have my thoughts that the "stripey" graphics (also on the new-line NESes, those small white vertical bars) has something to do with this. Is there a way to fix this?

Any idea what's causing this weird stuff to happen on my new TV? Is it just that the console's way to output composite video makes my tv go bonkers?

The picture:

NFG

YOu don't mention the connection type.  Are you hooking it up using composite video (yellow cable) or RF (antenna/cable type)?

If your TV has a GAME mode, try that - it will disable a lot of the processing that could affect the image.

QuoteYOu don't mention the connection type.  Are you hooking it up using composite video (yellow cable) or RF (antenna/cable type)?

If your TV has a GAME mode, try that - it will disable a lot of the processing that could affect the image.
"Is it just that the console's way to output composite video makes my tv go bonkers?"

Like I said, composite video. Can't try RF for 2 reasons: it's a PAL TV, NTSC RF doesn't work. The TV can do every form of NTSC, PAL and SECAM, but not NTSC RF. Plus, an RF cable for Twin Famicom is rare as hell, I've never even seen one.

I've tried to do all the possible with the video settings, but nothing. However something -kinda- worked: I checked what will I get if I put the video cable to green component in. I got a "good" picture, no colors and somewhat distorted picture, but none of these weird pearl-errors.