Fixing dark RGB

Started by Dan, December 08, 2003, 11:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Im trying to make up an RGB Scart cable for my PS2 (more for experimentation purposes than being too cheap to buy one!).

I used to have a Gamester cable which gave a very good picture indeed - but i got rid of it because it had no widescreen switching connection. So I went back to using my old PS RGB cable but the picture was darker.

After opening the Scart plug I found (what I think are) capacitors on the R, G and B pins.

I didnt open up the Gamester connection so I dont know if caps were present or not.

So my question is this - to get a brighter RGB picture, would I need to reduce or increase the capacitor values on the R, G and B lines? Or could I just cut them out altogether?

TIA

matt

What value are tha caps?

Most Playstation RGB cables typically have 220uF capacitors, although I've seen some with 100uF caps.  If it's one or the other, you could try changing it and see what happens.

Or, you can just get rid of the caps and see if it improves - it won't hurt anything and it's free.  I've never put caps on my PS2 RGB cables, and so far haven't had any brightness issues.

cyberna

The RGB cable I use have 100uF 10V caps..., is the cable I bought for my PSX, but it works in my Ps2 too!, the image is good, no problems with brightness...

Thanks for the replies - I'll order some 100uf from Maplins.