playchoice rgb ic

Started by phreak97, March 30, 2008, 07:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i was bidding on a couple of playchoice 10 boards yesterday, and i lost cos i had to go to bed, the seller emailed me and said that the winner only wants the viceo ic's, i guess cos hes modding some nes's..
anyway, he's offered me the boards minus the ic's, and i really need the ic's, so has anyone here got any they were planning to use for a nes mod and never got around to it or something?
i really want them.

otherwise, as a test, can i use the ic out of a nes to get composite video out of a playchoice board?

Moosmann

Quotei was bidding on a couple of playchoice 10 boards yesterday, and i lost cos i had to go to bed, the seller emailed me and said that the winner only wants the viceo ic's, i guess cos hes modding some nes's..

:)

anyway, he's offered me the boards minus the ic's, and i really need the ic's, so has anyone here got any they were planning to use for a nes mod and never got around to it or something?
i really want them.

Buy a VS. Unisystem Vs. Duckhunt or VS. Tennis Kit (the same IC like zhe PC10 Board).

Quoteotherwise, as a test, can i use the ic out of a nes to get composite video out of a playchoice board?

Its possible, but you have to remake the Clock circuit to get a picture in color afaik.

Greetings Markus

phreak97

i really dont want to sacrifice another pcb for it.. at least not a working one.

phreak97

well.. i've got two playchoice boards coming with video chips removed.. ill see where i end up

phreak97

yeah, i need two ic's.. i have two playchoice boards missing video ic's and i'd like to repair them and sell them on.
unless someone here wants them?

eastbayarb

Is there a list of PPU's that can be used with this RGB mod?

phreak97

probably, i dont have one though.
all of them come off nintendo arcade boards or perhaps some rare obscure nintendo device of some kind, so a list wouldnt be THAT useful..