Sync Problem ?

Started by JustRelax, October 07, 2009, 08:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustRelax

Hi everyone, i´m new here and found this place due interesting mods here in the forum :-)

I just completet my home theatre with soundsystem and projector nd so on. Modded my snes to spdif for clear sound :-) and now its on the video side.
I realy don´t want to connect it with composite.
while strafing trough the manual of my Projector (Mitsubishi HC5500) i found out that its accepting RGB+1V.
I builded a adapter from Scart to VGA and tried. result "No Signal" :-(.
I put the snes RGB cable in my Gamecube and there i get a picture, not realy a good one, but its there.
Then i read here at gamesx that PAL snes don´t output CSync, I thoungt maybe thats the problem.
Next i tried Sega Genesis 1 i thought cause it has a csync output it suerly works. i was wrong :-( "No signal" for the Genesis, too.

someone have a idea why the 2 cosnols not working ? i orderd a LM1881 and will try for the SNES but what about the genesis ?
and why is the Gamecube working?

I don´t get it :-(

greets

albino_vulpix

Are all the systems PAL? When you say 'RGB+1V' is there any mention of 15kHz?

Heffa

I'm guessing the problem is that your projector wants a RGB signal with higher Vpp (hence the +1v as in 1 Volt) and your consoles are only producing Vcc of 0.3Vpp.

Try adding an amplifier to the RGB signal.

JustRelax

Yes PAL consoles.

hmm

does the amps on the gamesx site (for pce if i remember right) will work ?
should i build amps for R G B and Snyc ?

thanx :-) :-)

Heffa

Yes, the amp from some old PCE magazine should work.
I would try with RGB first, not sure that sync really needs to be amplified...

JustRelax

hi everyone after long time, i started a new try for the sync problem.

i tried the amp from that old pce magazin and a LM1881, result of both when i connect it to the projector the circuit  blows up :-(
all voltage levels are prefect untill i connect, after that i have no output voltage at the LM Syncoutput pin.

how i said the Gamecube works, no need of the LM or the amp circuit.

what i´m doing wrong? :-(