Connect a PC to a PSone LCD screen

Started by markb, November 05, 2005, 10:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

Hello, Over the last couple of years I've built a mountain of 'toys', arcade machines, Karaoke machines, modded PC's etc etc so now I'm trying something a bit different in that I want to connect a small PSone to a PC to build a car computer.

I have hit a brick wall though, the PSone LCD screen i bought is not a standard Sony one but from Bigben interactive and all of the LCD mods out there deal only with Sony ones. After alot of research and some trial and error I have worked out that the signal being supplied to the LCD is :-
Red
Green
Blue
S-Video Y (Luminance)
Ground

The problem is that i cannot see of any way to connect these to a PC, does anyone know if it is even possible for a start? and if so what is required?

Thanks in adavnce.

viletim!

see This page

The end resault is slightly differnet but the principles are the same. The Y signal input on your LCD is only used for sync signals.

You'll have to come up with something for the software side of things, it's quite easy to do in DOS (by using one of many TSRs available) as well as X11 in under Linux (playing with the video modelines). In windows some people seem to like some software called 'powerstrip' for this puropse.

markb

Thanks viletim, I booted up using a Matrox G100a graphics card however without the resisitors in the circuit and got picture after messing with powerstrip for a while.
I going to do a bit more work tomorrow and see if I can get a bettter quality one.

Cheers