Portable RGB...

Started by Segasonicfan, July 05, 2004, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segasonicfan

I noticed a topic under console mods where someone made their own palmPSOne.  the guy connected the screen via RGB lines and I was wondering if I could do the same with my portable systems.  Does anyone know if standard portable TVs can be hooked up through RGB?  I would love to get better quality than the cheesy composite video I have.  I appreciate any help ^_^

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

Martin

Jesus...
Hey I have this really good test you can do.
Look around the back of your TV or System and see if they have an RGB socket.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

gannon

lol.....yeah, he used a ps1 lcd. It's the standard for custom portables. It has rgb input, and it's also quite thin.
Here is my site, it has a few mods, mostly to do with portablization.

Segasonicfan

ahhh i see.  lol, mr. jesus...believe me i was quite sure it didn't have rgb just wanted to be positive i couldnt hook it up via the LCD or something.  Yeah I figured the PSOne had it...damn thats a nice screen heh.  o wonder it fetches $100+.

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

Adeptus

Saw them at EB some time ago, for Aus$70... that's about US$50 (less at the time)
Didn't buy one cos I didn't have a use for it... :blink:

gannon

Yeah, I was looking around for a psone lcd in my area a few months ago, and one store was selling it for the standard $130, and another was selling it bundled with a psone for $100. Kinda strange since the stores were less than a mile from eachother.
Here is my site, it has a few mods, mostly to do with portablization.

i picked one up used at EB for $39.99 (talked them down $10). They didn't have any at the local Circuit City, I heard they had a really good clearance price.