News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PSP charging

Started by Scared0o0Rabbit, January 06, 2009, 10:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scared0o0Rabbit

I have a psp-1001.  I've narrowed it down to the a disconnect somewhere between where the battery positive connecs to the positive wire inside.  More particularly, there's a white plug where positive power goes in, and comes out, but I don't show any continuity between the positive out where it mounts to the PCB and the positive pin where the battery connects.  I'm debating running a wire from the positive wire to the pin where the battery connects, but the chargers are 5v and the batteries are 3.6v so I'm not convinced that would be a great idea lol.

The psp itself will turn on and work if there's a charged battery in it, but it won't run off the power cord or charge.  I've tried more than 1 battery and cord so I know it's not that.  I'm wondering what you'd suggest I do to get power to the pin, since I'm not sure what fuses and/or resistors, etc. that would go between the power in and the pin to the battery itself.  I'm fairly ignorant as far as rechargeable battery technology goes.  I don't know what kind of voltage tolerance is acceptable for charging a battery, and I don't know what's necessary to make a battery stop charging when it's full.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Scared0o0Rabbit

Well I've done a bit more poking around, and I know I have continuity on the far side of the fuse, but I have no idea where it goes from there.  It sounds like the motherboard handles the charging, so I may need a motherboard.  =/

Feeling Scared? ^_~

l_oliveira

There's a chip on the corner of the PSP board which handles the charging.
SN105257 and it's the chip close to the battery connector.