commodore monitor confusing red for purple

Started by blackevilweredragon, June 05, 2006, 05:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackevilweredragon

I am trying to watch the AFL football game on my Commodore 64 monitor right now, via the cable box with AV out, and the red stripes on the predators teams uniforms, when they are moving, shows up purple.. if they stand still, it shows up red (how it's supposed to be)..

How can this be corrected?  How is this even happening?

kendrick

Is this the 1702 monitor with the chroma/luma inputs, or the 1084 with the RGB inputs? If I had to guess, I'd say that you've got some crosstalk on the red and blue input lines. I'm sure that Tim will swoop in later with some real expertise, but in your place I would do the usual checks of the cable and the input source before you start assuming malfunction at the monitor. Either model should be relatively bulletproof, normal wear and tear notwithstanding.

-KKC, trying to find a decently entertaining RPG...

blackevilweredragon

QuoteIs this the 1702 monitor with the chroma/luma inputs, or the 1084 with the RGB inputs? If I had to guess, I'd say that you've got some crosstalk on the red and blue input lines. I'm sure that Tim will swoop in later with some real expertise, but in your place I would do the usual checks of the cable and the input source before you start assuming malfunction at the monitor. Either model should be relatively bulletproof, normal wear and tear notwithstanding.

-KKC, trying to find a decently entertaining RPG...
it's the 1702, and using the front composite port...

though the football game is about over (4th quarter), hopefully i can fine out why it's happening in the first place..

viletim!

So red looks like puple when there's only little bits of it (stripes on a uniform). Who knows....sounds like some blue is getting the red somehow...for some reason. Basicaly, what kendrick said, play some video games on the monitor, how do they look? Is your TV tuner ok?

blackevilweredragon

I just played SNES on the monitor, and it looks just fine..  I also tried the cable box again, and can't reproduce the problem now...