Turbo Express does not work on AC Adapter, only Batteries

Started by duo_r, February 02, 2009, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duo_r

I got a Turbo Express, it had a screen problem. I fired it up with batteries and could tell it was a bad cap screen. Replaced caps then plugged into AC adapter, and ....nothing. System was dead. I tried batteries - dead. I did a bunch of tracing, and finally jumped the ground connection on the battery compartment and finally got battery power working. But AC adapter IS NOT working. I measured voltage when plugged in and power reg is only getting .3 volts! I read that Lawrence said the AC port is flaky, could this be the reason that I am only getting .3 volts???

Kendrick did u ever fix your system because I thinks yours had issues with the AC adapter (but batteries was fine). Is there a mechanism that switches from Batteries to AC adapter (triggered when you plug in adapter)? Maybe that is bad?

Thoughts on testing or tracing? I have spent alot of time testing.

kendrick

Based on your description, my first thought is that the AC adapter is faulty, and not the Express unit. Do you hav another adapter to test with? I'm guessing that something's burned out in the wall wart, which would cause it to fail under load. It's very unlikely for the power mechanism in the Express to fail like that.

duo_r

I fixed it. There was actually some foreign object jammed in the power connector.