Vision Pro arcade monitors

Started by Stilton, April 28, 2006, 07:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stilton

I've been checking out ebay for a good RGB monitor and I wanted to make sure that getting an arcade monitor like the Vision Pro 19" (ebay #6275251498 - there's about 10 of them on there now) would work ok.

It seems to take separate H/V sync, so I'd need an LM1881 circuit. I don't think these things are sold with cases, so I'd need to address that somehow. Other than that... are there any other issues I am not considering? Any help would be just super.

atom

Only issue is that a lot of arcade monitors are meant to be used with specific hardware, so some are finicky about the signals they take.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

viletim!

If you want an RGB monitor for game consoles (that you sort of suggest by mentioning the LM1881) then you don't want an arcade monitor.

Stilton

I should have mentioned that: yes, I do want one for game consoles. Oh well, I didn't think it would be so simple.

What about using multisystem television sets? I expect some would have an RGB SCART input.  

atom

QuoteI should have mentioned that: yes, I do want one for game consoles. Oh well, I didn't think it would be so simple.

What about using multisystem television sets? I expect some would have an RGB SCART input.
If you live in the United States forget about ever seeing a tv take SCART. Ive only seen a VCR once take SCART, and it was in my high school library. If you want RGB magic you have to use an XRGB upscan converter on a VGA monitor or you can find a Commodore or old Applecolor monitor. The latter are very small monitors, the Applecolor is 8".
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN