Does the Sony Profeel KX-27PS1 accept RGB via SCART?

Started by jpmad4it, September 02, 2012, 08:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpmad4it

Hello all!

My first post right here  :)
I hope I do well!

I am Jonathan from the UK, and I have just purchased an NTSC RGB modded N64. I have been looking at this monitor to use along with my modded N64:

Sony Profeel  KX-27PS1 monitor, which you can see here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-Trinitron-Colour-Monitor-KX-27PS1-PROFEEL-/300617930328y - if you look at the second image / read the description it shows the inputs that the monitor accepts. The problem is I don't know if the SCART input would accept and display the RGB signal from the N64. There is a specific 34 pin multi RGB input, but I have no idea where I would get that kind of lead for the N64 (I guess I would have to make my own?)

Oh, and urm, one very important thing - will that monitor display NTSC signals??

If anyone could help me answer the above questions I would be extremely grateful.

If this monitor is not going to work, it would be amazing if someone could point me towards one of the compatible sony PVM monitors instead.

I look forward to your replies.

Kind regards
Jonathan

nevarna

Not sure I you got he message I sent it will work
Bu you need to add 3v or more to pin 8 for the profeel to switch over to rgb you will find when you plug it in it will have an unstable picture until you ad voltge to pin 8 I used an transformer this is how I run my pc engine mega drive psx and snes

jpmad4it

Quote from: nevarna on September 04, 2012, 04:00:11 PM
Not sure I you got he message I sent it will work
Bu you need to add 3v or more to pin 8 for the profeel to switch over to rgb you will find when you plug it in it will have an unstable picture until you ad voltge to pin 8 I used an transformer this is how I run my pc engine mega drive psx and snes

Thanks dude. I did get the message. I'll reply via PM.

I'll share my results with everyone else once I've spoke to nevarna on how this is done.