Component to RGB

Started by ForMyMinions, February 10, 2005, 10:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForMyMinions

I just got a broken cocktail table version of Astro Fighter.  I'm gutting it and saving all of the parts to later restore it when I get the components I need to make the repairs, however, I'd like to put an Xbox in there for people to play in the meantime.  I was going to put a different monitor in there, but decided that I'd like to use the monitor that's built into the cabinet already.  Problem is, I'm not sure how to convert the component video from the high definition video pack to an RGB signal that can be read by this arcade monitor.  I'm would like some tips and advice from the experts before I try to tackle this myself... I don't want to damage any of the vintage components, but would really like to use the original monitor to preserve the outside look of the machine.  Also, I've just about perfected a mechanism that will only allow people to play if coins are inserted and each quarter can be assigned a certain number of minutes of play time... only works for Xbox currently, but I'm trying to also make a mod that will work with other consoles as well. :D

Thanks, guys... I'll put pics up once I get things running...

ForMyMinions

www.formyminions.com
Coming soon... www.ForMyMinions.com

Malady, the sexy goddess of gaming not only poses for her minions in beautiful photo sets, she's also a hard core gamer and does reviews of games, retro and new.  Contact her for more information:  Malady@formyminions.com

NFG

Arcade monitors don't do progressive as a rule.  Astro Fighter's an old game, it's pretty much guaranteed the monitor only does 15kHz RGB, so transcoding the progressive component output of the XBOX would be useless.  

The Xbox natively outputs 15kHz RGB, the pinouts are on gamesx.com.

ForMyMinions

Awesome.... I'll get working on it right away... I'll update my progress on here a.s.a.p.

Thanks!

ForMyMinions
Coming soon... www.ForMyMinions.com

Malady, the sexy goddess of gaming not only poses for her minions in beautiful photo sets, she's also a hard core gamer and does reviews of games, retro and new.  Contact her for more information:  Malady@formyminions.com