Famicom Titler game compatibility

Started by nem, April 06, 2008, 03:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nem

I recently got a Titler and I've been overjoyed by the RGB video output. Now I know the PPU pulls colours from a different palette, so I've been going over my game collection and finding titles with wonky colours. However, another, more uglier problem has reared its head while doing this. Many games (mostly older) are broken, as if one button remains constantly pressed.

In Palamedes, when I press start in the beginning, I can only access the sound menu.

In Super Mario Bros I cannot start a new game, nor can I switch game modes. However, the intro screen runs as if nothing is wrong.

Hello Kitty World locks up (or doesn't advance to the next screen, I don't know) after I choose a one or two player game.

When I boot up Doraemon it starts up a new game instantly (without any player input) and the game then locks up on the world screen.

In Mickey Mouse it starts up a new game as well, except the game doesn't lock up, but Mickey is uncontrollable (and keeps running right).

Mahjong runs normally apart from the fact that when you are picking your tile, the title picker keeps going left.

Then there are the 40 or so other titles that work perfectly.

Any ideas?

phreak97

i've heard of incompatibility issues with rgb capable nes units.. i guess this might be one of them?