Sega CD Import Mod?

Started by phreak97, May 03, 2005, 03:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

im in australia, and i'm getting a US sega cd unit in the near future. is there any easy way to make it able to play euro games? (mega cd?)
or is this another one for ebay rather than my local stores? :P

Endymion

The only "easy" way is to get a converter, which are not exactly rare but definitely uncommon. Lucky me, got two on ebay earlier this year. There is a way to hard-mod a rewritten BIOS but it is a very dicey solution, what with it involving desoldering and/or resoldering the EEPROM. Search this forum and you will find it, D-lite has done quite a bit with it. You won't want to fool with it if you can't afford to lose a working system.

atom

forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

dj898

i have opposite problem...
I'd love to run couple of PAL MCD on my JPN Wondermega...
I suppose I could ty to convert the region of rip'd iso but I want more simple soluion... Being Wondermega CD-X or what ever it's called won't be of help... :(

D-Lite

I should correct something from the last thread.  

I installed the MultiBIOS in an X'Eye and it boots the system fine into each mode.  BUT, it doesn't recognize the CD drive!  It starts up and then kicks out.  So, I would probably not try it in a Wondermega.  

Also, it's more straightforward to install in a model 1 Sega CD.  I'm thinking about doing a couple of the ones I have on hand.

phreak97

anyone got a converter or a reflashed (if thats what needs doing) bios i could put in the sega cd im getting?

ill pay for either one.