TurboDuo laser replacement

Started by Endymion, July 18, 2008, 09:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endymion

I was browsing around and found this walkthrough. It's a guide for replacing the laser pickup from an American TurboDuo, although I'm sure it should similarly work with a PC Engine Duo. In fact, I can't think of too many reasons it would not work with other units as well, perhaps the original CD-ROM (both Turbo and PC Engine) might not apply due to it being rather compact to the best of my memory. Looks like a great guide, might be a good addition to the wiki, anyway hope it helps anybody.

duo_r

Posting the new URL (the website was moved): http://www.robotpanic.com/?p=59#more-59

Quote from: Endymion on July 18, 2008, 09:05:00 AM
I was browsing around and found this walkthrough. It's a guide for replacing the laser pickup from an American TurboDuo, although I'm sure it should similarly work with a PC Engine Duo. In fact, I can't think of too many reasons it would not work with other units as well, perhaps the original CD-ROM (both Turbo and PC Engine) might not apply due to it being rather compact to the best of my memory. Looks like a great guide, might be a good addition to the wiki, anyway hope it helps anybody.