Is there any hope left for my 4-Slot MVS?

Started by Eggy, March 17, 2008, 07:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggy

hi,
I tried to consolize a 4-slot neo geo mvs, but I accidently connected 5V to 12V and 12V to 5V. All I got on my TV was some blue stuff, not even the neo geo jingle appeared. I then connected it the right way, but still got the same as before. Is there a way to get it working?
Note: Yes, my TV DOES suport NTSC, RGB and 60hz.

l_oliveira

Ouch ! man I I would suggest you try buying an old 1 slot MVS and salvage parts from it to fix your 4 slot....
That surely blown at least half of the silicon on your board.

Eggy

well, thanks for the info, but that surely is too much work for me. I got a consolized 1-slot some time ago, so my 4-slot will probably have a meeting with the trash can...or I'll send it to someone who knows more about that electronics stuff...

l_oliveira

Yah ! don't trash it ! Recycle !!!!!  (lol besides the pun, I think you should just donate it to other hobbyst who can try to repair it.)

Kazia

Eggy - The "blue stuff" on screen should be a type of error message that you can use to decipher what's not working.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to fix. Make sure all of your soft dip switches are turned off.

Check out the tech support forum over at www.neo-geo.com for "pro" assistance. They can help you fix just about anything.  Good luck!