Does anyone know any details about the xvga-1pro?

Started by TechnicalMonkey, February 06, 2006, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnicalMonkey

I am looking to take 31k and make it 15k compatible NTSC compatible scan. I need this type of 15k downscan on composite/YC/component as well as HD-Sub15. I can't read the GIFs on the bottom, nor do I understand if this downscan converter will go down to 15.75k on all outputs.

I am intrested in this device, but at $600+ I want to make sure that this device works the way I'm looking for it to work. If anyone could try to translate the GIF file on the bottom. I am just worried that I won't get 15k out from the HD-Sub15 connector, but not too worried, since I guess I can always use a component to VGA transcoder.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...1pro_detail.htm

Thank You

Darklegion

What are you looking to use this for? If it is for a PC you can output 15.75khz through software.

TechnicalMonkey

I am not trying to do 15.75kHz on a PC although I can do that with a transcoder and PowerStrip. I am doing this to capture off of a Naomi 1/2. The output on this system is 15.85kHz, which is a bit off standard, does not work on my Pyro A/V Link since it's too much for it. I'm looking at this device to see if I can get 15.75kHz on the VGA out as well as the component out. I need this type of signal output since I would then have to set the Naomi 1/2 to 31.68kHz for this downscan converter to work. I have to do this because the monitors that are being used are only 15k+-.

I might just try this device out:

http://www.grandtec.com/xppro.htm

and use it by spliting the component out to a component to VGA transcoder. I like component capture a lot and this device looks like the only downscan converter in the states that does component out.

I think that the xvga-1pro might be a better solution, but without any reassurances of the VGA out doing 15.75kHz. I don't want to risk spending more than $600 on a doorstop. That is why I am asking if anyone has this device to share some info with us.

I'm also concerned if any of these devices would enact any delays for processing since it also has to be competitivly playable for fighting games. I may be asking for a lot on this particular point. I hope this covers all the questions. I appreciate all of the help.

Thank You