X68000 15Khz pictures + XRGB-3 TIPS !

Started by ericb59, July 11, 2015, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericb59

I just get a XRGB-3 and tried to connect my X68000 to it, and expect it can convert correctly 15Khz games.
It failed...

But, I found a tip that can help someone to get a good 15Khz Picture...

-Set the XRGB3 -> OPTIONS -> D IN 2 Signal to RGBC
-Set it also to B1 mode with scanlines.

T-hen modify your RGB15 to VGA Connector. Connect together the H-Sync signal and the V-Sync Signal
(Do a solder bridge between pin 14 and 15 in the Japanese RGB 15 connector)

Now, the XRGB-3 correctlty convert the 15Khz image ! It works.  8)

My set up is :
X68000 ACE HD
XRGB-3
Led monitor BenQ XL2430T

PS This tips works also with the low cost GBS8200 converter. But image is not stable.

skpstmgs

Isn't soldering the V and H sync signals together potentially dangerous? I'm surprised this even works.  Normally you'd need to create/use a specific circuit to combine V+H into Composite sync. I think otherwise, the current from the pins basically bleeds back to the other one.

SuperDeadite

XRGB series isn't really meant for PC usage.  The XPC-4 is plug and play, supports 15/24/31kh RGBHV input, and switches fast enough to replace an auto-sync monitor.

NFG

Quote from: skpstmgs on July 12, 2015, 03:50:10 AM
Isn't soldering the V and H sync signals together potentially dangerous? I'm surprised this even works.  Normally you'd need to create/use a specific circuit to combine V+H into Composite sync. I think otherwise, the current from the pins basically bleeds back to the other one.

Probably it's a terrible idea, but I've been doing it for many years without any trouble at all.  If there are drawbacks they are, in my experience, theoretical or edge-cases involving less tolerant hardware.

So don't do it!  You fools!  But if you do it probably won't cause you any trouble.