Xbox Controller S Circuit Diagram

Started by TJ_Kat, May 28, 2005, 01:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

What I am needing is:
The pinout for the controller
Which wire carries what connecting to the pcb from the console
What voltage the motors use
and where I might pull 3.3V off the pcb.

I'm going to continue my search, but if anyone has any/all this info and would like to share, I'd appreciate it.

Aidan

Try a multimeter for half of those things. If you don't have one, get one!
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

TJ_Kat

yeah, well, along with the research I collected, that's ultimately what I wound up doing. I was hoping to save some time asking here.

For those who are interested:
This lists the pin in the port on the console (looking at the console), what the pin does, which pin it is connecting to the PCB, and each corresponding pin for the expansion ports.
               C.Pin  Function  PCB Pin Exp.Pin
  ____6_6____    1      +5V        1       1      __________
 /           \   2       D-        2       2     /_____  ___\
 | 1 2 3 4 5 |   3       D+        3       3    | 1 2 3  4 5 |
 \___________/   4   Video Sync    4       4     \__________/
                 5     Ground      5       5
                 6     Ground     JWT     N/A

I'm not totally sure of pin 4. It appears to be something specific to the expansion slots. The only other label I could find someone give it was 12V, and I seriously doubt that's what it is.

viletim!

4 Video Sync

that sounds reasonable - maybe for light guns?

DMEnduro

I believe viletim! is on the money for the usage of pin 4 for light guns. If any readers are familiar with Xbox-Scene, a lot of mods can be done with this pin. The "Yellow Wire" can be utilised for things like headphone jacks and power butons in controllers. Very interesting stuff.

phreak97

it's not so much the yellow wire can be used for these mods as it is the yellow wire is only used for light guns etc. and people not wanting to use that just cut the wire at both ends and use it for whatever purpose they require.