MegaDrive 1 Not Working

Started by thepspgamer, January 31, 2009, 10:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepspgamer

Hey all
i got a MD1 for real cheap recently, but cant seem to get it working

it only came as the console and 2 controllers, so i recently picked up an official power adapter and i had a spare rf cable lying around that works fine with my NES, so i figured it would work

its still not working though, its just not loading the games, and i know they are clean as i has them properly cleaned, nd they worked fine on the MD they tested it on...

i have uploaded a vid to youtube of what happens nd i hope someone can help me get this MD woking

thanks very much

video link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jQFF4iD9As8

thanks for the help

kendrick

Cleaning the carts may not be sufficient. Did you also clean the slot? It's very uncommon for Megadrive/Genesis units to fail. But if you know that the carts are good, then there are other points of failure to consider. You said you were using an RF lead, but you have tried a composite, RGB or SCART lead? This might just be a problem with the video output (and if we're lucky, it's isolated to the cable and not any RF or encoder component.) Good luck.

Fix_Metal

I would make an RGB cable, since those old 8pin DIN connectors are easy to find.
Maybe it's just that RF cable has blown sometime during its life.
If that doesn't work, I can't be of much help; I never had a MD1 in my hands, just MD2. I don't even know how they're made under the plastic case.