Reducing colour saturation

Started by eek, May 07, 2004, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eek

Pardon my ignorance, but I was wondering what the simplest solution to reducing a colour signal would be. Basically, I want to slap a resistor to the chrominance signal on a S-video cable, so I can plug it into a s-video to composite adapter in order to view video on a Sony PSone LCD. The colours are too dominant with standard composite. Any advice?

I'll give it a try regardless as it's a simple operation.

NFG

The saturation signal is, AFAIK, a result of frequency not voltage.  Putting a resister inline with the signal will not affect the saturation.

The C channel carries ONLY chrominance, which is a simple pointer on a colour wheel.  The brightness of the signal is determined by the Luminance channel (Y).  If your screen does not have a colour adjust, try a brightness adjust.  If neither of those help, then you may just have to get a better or different screen.

It's also worth pointing out that problems inherent with the composite signal may sort themselves out with a Y/C (Svideo) cable, try it and see.

eek

I did end up trying it and it did not work, dang and blast. Don't know why I really bother sometimes...

Thanks for the info, Lawrence.