News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Monitor cable

Started by fandenivoldsk, August 01, 2011, 08:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fandenivoldsk

I just got a X68000 XVI Compact from Japan, and it came without a monitor cable. I want to use it with my MultiSync NEC XM29 monitor, but I had no success finding a place on the web where I can buy a cable for it. Does anyone here sell such cables? I can see there is a lot of info on how to build one, but I'm no good at doing that myself... Any help is highly appreciated, as I really want to start using the X68000.

yukin

hi, thats what i want to before but i never been able to find a cable to do the job. if you know someone who can make you one its ok but if not then take out your solder skills. my solder skills are zero and i did it ( the 3rd time).

Result:

fandenivoldsk

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, my solder skills are zero as well, but if nobody sells such cables, I have to try it myself as well.

NFG

You CAN buy them, in japan at least.  The pinout is almost a standard on older JP PCs, but has long been superseded by VGA and digital ports.

It really is dead easy to make, and if you sacrifice a vga cable to start, you only have to solder to the big easy 15 pin connector on the X68 side.