Games which should be included in the next HDD image !

Started by eidis, June 18, 2011, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eidis

Hi Guys !

We need your help. There is some kind of silence all of a sudden so to keep the action going, you can contribute your proposals for the next HDD  image. If you know a hot game which is currently not included, please give a proposal and maybe it will be added in the next distributive. C'mon, don't be shy ! Every brainstorm counts ;)

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

caius

Quote from: eidis on June 18, 2011, 05:55:15 PM
Hi Guys !

We need your help. There is some kind of silence all of a sudden so to keep the action going, you can contribute your proposals for the next HDD  image. If you know a hot game which is currently not included, please give a proposal and maybe it will be added in the next distributive. C'mon, don't be shy ! Every brainstorm counts ;)

Eidis

Hi Eidis,I'm still working in silence.. :).Within few time  I will upload another (small) batch of installed games.Sadly some important games cannot installed trying all methods we know, the best would be building some patches but , as far I know, some programming (c and assembler languages) skills are required.Are we sure that we know all patches released? Maybe someone is still working on these nowadays even if it's improbable due the obsolete hardware we are speaking about. Anyway I will send you a list on those game that were impossible (at least for me) to install.

P.S.
I think we must focused on games that use some kind of protection.Did you understand how that Proemu program works?Maybe it can help us in our proposal.

eidis

Hi, Caius,

I talked with trap15 on #X68000 on the previous day and offered him a chance to contribute to our great cause by trying to make 2HDBOOT access image files from disk, instead of ram so that 2MB users could greatly benefit. The source code was available so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

genocho

That means, strider, daimakaimura, cotton and others playables on hd with 2mb of ram ???

Hope can be possible, a great new for 2mb users.

Regards.

eidis

Genocho,

Unfortunately no. All your mentioned games require booting from floppies in order to run on 2MB systems because that way command.x (command prompt interpreter) is not loaded into memory. Otherwise it will take up precious ram and there will be insufficient memory to run these games. I was referring to those games which have some weird protection or loading scheme which prevents them to be installed to HDD in the regular way.

Eidis

eidis

No one brave enough to submit a request ? ;)

Eidis

yukin

Code-Zero
Dragon slayer: The legend of heroes
Ys