hook up an old arcadepcb to scart?

Started by Rockard, November 09, 2006, 07:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockard

Just got hold of an original warlords pcb, the only arcadegame I wish to own. =)

Anyway, I now want to hook it up to a tvset. As I live in europe, I have the scartstandard at my disposal.

Here are the pinouts: http://www.coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/gamete...ts/warlords.txt

Can I work it out somehow?
Is the " Video OUT (mono)" the same as needed in scart RGB setup?
There is Composite SYNC, maybe that will do it, hooking to the correspondant scart pin?  

Regarding something unrelated to this board, but anyway.
Check this diagram:
http://www.arcadedocs.com/vidmanuals/W/war...s-ct-wiring.pdf

Do you think I need to hook up all the pins needing power to boot the board?
Any idea about the 22v? I was first thinking about using a pc power supply, but.. =/

I'm also planning on adding atari2600 paddles to it, I think it may work. =)

Thanks for any help!

antron

you need to feed the red, blue, green, ground, and composite sync to the scart input of your tv.

I looks like the board must be in cocktail mode to output colour.  The
upright cab used overlays for colour and only the monochromatic video
output was used.

antron

atari paddles are 1M Ohms.  if the original pots are close to this then it will work.

antron

the diagram on klov has the pot connected as a true potentiometer (with all three leads connected)

an Atari paddle only uses the pot as variable resistor (with just two leads connected)

it will need modification (new three conductor cable) if the pot is close enough to 1M

Rockard

Thanks for the answers!

Crap, I was hoping I could avoid hacking the paddles so I still could use them for my atari2600. =/

Any ideas regarding the power supply?
I need to know which of the pins is in need of power for the pcb to start.

viletim!

Rockard,
The 22v line to your board likely powers the audio amplifier. Perhaps you can replace the potentiometer inside the atari controller with one of a more suitable value.

For connecting to a PCT to a SCART TV:
1) connect 12v to pin 8 (CVBS Status) then put a 560 ohm resistor between pin 8 and pin 16 (Fast Blanking). This will keep the TV in RGB mode.
2) Connect your R, G and B video signals through a resistor to the SCART's RGB input pins experement to find the best value for the resistor (video contrast) something between 50 and 500 ohms is usualy used. Maybe put a 100 ohm or so resistor in series if you have problems with sync.
3) Connect the composite sync directly to the composite video input (pin 20). It's not a very elegant way of getting the sync to the TV but it works most of the time.

If you use a SCART -> SCART cable then watch out, some wires are crossed over.