Ripping sync off of green

Started by smd4420, July 07, 2004, 10:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smd4420

I just recently bought the Component -> VGA box from lik-sang. It looks good. But theres a problem. On my CRT's the image comes out way to bright and the colors are all washed out. Like when u turn the brightness up to high on ur tv. I set the brightness on my monitor to zero and its still to bright. The blacks are light grey. If i turn the contrast way down to where the image is to dark the colors look great but its pointless cuz theres no contrast. Anyway i read the manual and it says the image may come out bright because of sync on green. It states when it get the sync from Y (in YPrPb) and does its conversion it leaves the sync on green so u get something like RGsB H/V. The manual also states lots of monitors cant handel that. So summing up all this mess i just typed is there a simple way to strip the sync from green or something to fix the problem???

Also on my Mom's lcd the image looks great its unbeliveable. U think it would look bad cuz the lcd has to scale the image but it doesnt. Same on my dads lcd but his has a slow response time and it kinda sux at scaling the image.

smd4420

Well ater all this this mumbo jumbo i found a switch that inverts the sync and that solved the problem. So idk wtf the problem was but its gone and the 480p games look great!!