Sega Saturn arcade stick..... help :D

Started by iJedi, September 11, 2005, 10:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iJedi

Hi All,
Im hoping somebody can shed a little light on this problem for me as im really not sure whats up!

to start with i had a look at this Making a usb Saturn pad which got me interested in converting my old saturn arcade stick.

So i spent most of yesterday burning myself with my soldering iron putting together this

now rather than follow the tutorial exactly by discconnecting the ic and other components from the usb pad i just soldered some wires from 1 board to the other like so because i had the room in the acrade stick for the two circuit boards and im lazy

now before i put it all together again i tested it on my oldish laptop to make sure it all worked... (Which it did)  :D

now this is where i become confoosed for some reason which i dont understand the now usb arcade stick still works with my (oldish) laptop and works with my (aging) server perfectly but when i plug it into my PC which i want to use it with the directional joystick doesnt work at all (all the other buttons do tho).

I had thought it may be something to do with usb 1 and usb 2 compatabilitys but changing in the bios from usb "v1.1 and usb 2" to solely usb "v1.1" didnt make any difference.

have any of you guys had similar problems or know how i can rectify the problem??

Thanks in advance
iJedi

Guest_Martin

Are you using front ot rear usb sockets?
As far as I'm aware USB ports on the front of PCs use a USB that works with most, but not all devices!

iJedi

they were in the front... just swapped em over but unfortunatly no change  :(