WTB aztec monster setup for sasi

Started by frankmonk, October 15, 2015, 07:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankmonk

Hi guys

Is there anyone here in europe who wants to sell his aztecmonster setup for a sasi machine or got any spare?

Thanks

Opethian

To my knowledge aztech monster CF adaptors are all SCSI.

SASI is closer to IDE than SCSI you would probably be better off looking for an IDE > CF solution and adapting that to SASI.

98pacecar

Quote from: Opethian on October 15, 2015, 11:17:52 PM
To my knowledge aztech monster CF adaptors are all SCSI.

SASI is closer to IDE than SCSI you would probably be better off looking for an IDE > CF solution and adapting that to SASI.

I don't think this is correct. It seems that the Aztecmonster works fine with the SASI systems through the use of the SxSI driver.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5320.msg35780#msg35780

RobIvy64

"Console Mods" lurker

Opethian

I don't think its worth the trouble. Does 2dhboot even work on SxSI setups?

famiac

Opethian

BlueBMW

You may consider the SCSI2SD board instead.  It works on SASI or SCSI systems just fine (I think without a driver on SASI even) and its much cheaper than the Aztec Monster (which also works on a SASI system with the SxSI driver)

saturndual32

BlueBMW, is this the one your are talking about?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCSI2SD-3-5-includes-new-8GB-Genuine-SanDisk-microSD-card-adapter-/191702327688?hash=item2ca2596188:g:z4AAAOSwFnFWBHDt

Does it also work with the original X68K model?, would you recomend it over the Aztec Monster for that model in particular?

BlueBMW

That is the one.  I have not tried it on an original model before but I have installed one in an Expert, Super and XVI system and it works great.  A much cheaper alternative to the aztec monster.  I really dont see why it wouldn't work on an original model.

saturndual32

Quote from: BlueBMW on October 30, 2015, 04:03:32 PM
That is the one.  I have not tried it on an original model before but I have installed one in an Expert, Super and XVI system and it works great.  A much cheaper alternative to the aztec monster.  I really dont see why it wouldn't work on an original model.

Thanks!
Lets see if i finally get to add one to my original X68K.

frankmonk

@bluebmw

Do i need a special cable to connect with my sasi machine?  I think i am going to buy one if it is Not Too tricky to hook it up