News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

PAL Dreamcast

Started by TJ_Kat, August 28, 2005, 05:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

Since there are plenty of PAL country people here, and eBay and Plan B have both failed me I'm here asking if anyone would be kind enough to buy and ship me a PAL DC.

Anyone who would be willing to do this form me, I'd like a quote on the price of the DC, and a guesstimate of what shipping would be to Downtown Canadia. (Canada, Postal Code: S7K 5E4).

Oh, also, it MUST be a Revision 0 (prefered) or Revision 1 (acceptable) system.

I would like to ask what the difference is between the PAL revisions; because I've opened a few of them up and never really noticed anything different :blink:  

ORTA

QuoteI would like to ask what the difference is between the PAL revisions; because I've opened a few of them up and never really noticed anything different :blink:

I think the only noticeable differences is the logo the PAL has a blue swirl and the NTSC has an orange. One more, US games doesn't seem to work on NTSC units
( I think!) :rolleyes:  :)  

phreak97

i dont think ORTA got the question..

the difference with dc revisions is that later ones dont play backups. but we wont talk about that here :)

orta, what do you mean US games dont play on NTSC consoles? US consoles ARE NTSC.

pal games do not play on ntsc consoles, and ntsc games do not play on pal consoles.. but that is not a problem here as i believe tj has ordered a chip to play all region games anyway.. he just likes the blue swirly logo :)

TJ_Kat

yes... I actually have a few region free chips (just in case I screw up =p )

and yes, it's all about the blue swirly. it will go nicely with my blue/white case.

now everyone quit arguing in my thread and find me a dreamcast! I finally found them on ebay but that's still not going well. all the people who are selling them affordably are charging �40 to ship it. getting my blue swirly isn't worth that much to me...

phreak97

i can.. talk to me on icq

ORTA

Quotei dont think ORTA got the question..

the difference with dc revisions is that later ones dont play backups. but we wont talk about that here :)

orta, what do you mean US games dont play on NTSC consoles? US consoles ARE NTSC.

pal games do not play on ntsc consoles, and ntsc games do not play on pal consoles.. but that is not a problem here as i believe tj has ordered a chip to play all region games anyway.. he just likes the blue swirly logo :)
sorry about that i didn't get the question right hehehe :)