NTSC Tg16 import mod

Started by kripp, May 12, 2005, 03:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kripp

I used to have one of them springboard adapters, I recall it being quite a simple device. As far as I could tell, its only function was changing the order of one or two pins.

Would it be possible to do this internally, perhaps with a switch?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

kendrick

For TG-16 import conversion, you have to swap four pin connections around. I've seen four-pole double-throw switches on some telecom devices, but it's not a component you're going to see lying around at Radio Shack. You could do multiple switches or maybe a relay, but it'd be hazardous if only some of the pins were switched and not all of them. Hope that's helpful.

-KKC, who cut through all the Turbo import conversion by just having one of each console.

kripp

Perhaps another option would be to build an adapter. Using a card slot from a donor machine and a HuCard. Im sure this could be done with the right pinout information.

I did a bit of googling on the subject of pinouts and could not come up with much, which of the 4 pin connections need to be swapped?

Thanks.

NFG

Both pinouts are on Gamesx.com.

There are eight pins that need to be reversed, Data 0 - 8.  You can do this any number of ways, including two cart ports in the machine.

kripp

Well, ive found the two pinouts in the Hardware Book mirror. This should be all the information I need.

Thank you.

D-Lite

Hard part is finding the 8PDT switch.

Aidan

[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]