RGBs to Component - JROK vs. Jeff Kurtz's board ?

Started by Fudoh, January 19, 2009, 06:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fudoh

Is there some general consens which of the two boards is better ??

And does anybody by any chance have the measurements of the two boards on hand ?

Thanks,
Tobias

ken_cinder

Just given the fact that JROKs boards offer adjustable RGB level control where the Neo Bitz from Jeff do not would make me choose JROKs board.

Jeff's boards are designed with Neo users primarily in mind, JROKs boards are designed as general purpose for any arcade board (Or whatever else).

eastbayarb

can i use a JROK to convert SCART RGB to component (assuming I correctly wired a SCART connector to the JROK's RGB in) ?

GUTS

I have a Jrok and love it, the measurements are around 2 1/2 inches by like 4 inches I believe. Maybe a bit smaller, it's about the same size as a Genesis cartridge. I use it for Genesis & Sega CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast. I'm working on getting the SNES and PC Engine working with it right now. The Sega systems look awesome on it even on my HDTV.

eastbayarb

do u use the same jrok for all your systems? if so, how are they connected to the jrok?

GUTS

Yeah for everything except the PCEngine which I couldn't get to work. Another guy managed to get it to work fine so I might try again- the colors were all off on mine and building an amp had no effect, but the other guy reported the same problems and eventually got it to work by tapping the chip directly (which I can't remember if I did or not).

I'm having sync problems with my snes right now, but I'm confident I'll figure it out eventually.

eastbayarb

how do your systems physically connect to the jrok? like what kind of cables do your systems use? I would love to be able to wire up a female scart rgb connector to a jrok since all my systems utilize scart cables. do u mind showing a pic of your jrok and how it connects to one of your systems? my duo-r I bought rgb modded and it's got an amp in it

Quote from: GUTS on January 23, 2009, 09:29:21 AM
Yeah for everything except the PCEngine which I couldn't get to work. Another guy managed to get it to work fine so I might try again- the colors were all off on mine and building an amp had no effect, but the other guy reported the same problems and eventually got it to work by tapping the chip directly (which I can't remember if I did or not).

I'm having sync problems with my snes right now, but I'm confident I'll figure it out eventually.

GUTS

I just used Lawrence's 9-pin d-sub pinout for everything and made my own cables out of lan cables. On Saturn and Dreamcast I just hacked up a Scart cable and fitted a d-sub connector on the other end with the proper pinout, on Genesis I mounted a d-sub directly to the back of the system.

I don't have a pic, but I just mounted the Jrok in a project box from radio shack and mounted the d-sub on that and everything plugs into it that way.

yamazaka2005

which ic dose her use ?lm6172 ?lt1399? who can tell me?thanks

yamazaka2005

duo_r

this was Svideo that was giving you issues? I hear Jrok does not work well with Svideo, but that Component looks good with Jrok. Anyone have feedback with Neobitz and Duo?

Quote from: GUTS on January 23, 2009, 09:29:21 AM

Gamester

I am using a Neobitz + a JROK sync cleaner in my super gun and so far it has been pretty compatible with all outputs.  I have tested arcade boards Neo Geo MVS, TMNT, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and Battletoads and they all look great.  The JROK sync cleaner fixed a lot of compatibility issues thatI had running the Neobitz alone.  For example, before the sync cleaner my TMNT had only red and orange colors displayed and now with the JROK sync cleaner it displays great on all outputs.

XianXi

If you are looking to only use the component output I suggest the Neobitz with a JROK Sync cleaner. The picture on the component circuit is much clearer. On the JROK the component seems to be over saturated, most noticeable on CPS2 games. Even after adjusting the onboard pots the picture is just not changing much.