PSX Vga Output HELP!

Started by archenemy666, August 03, 2008, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archenemy666

hi all, im trying to make a vga output in my psx
i have SCPH-7002 sa i got a h sync v sync and c sync on board, but there is to low synchronization so i cant mess with this
i was trying to make vga out bassed on lm1881n and i dont have v syc signal from chip
schematics for PS2 dosent work, i was working on it and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Hqt_267YM

a still have to low vsync how to make this ?

kendrick

Can you please be more clear about exactly on what device you're attempting to implement a video mod? The model number you cite indications a Playstation 2. However, the 'PSX' term may also refer to an original issue Playstation or the PS2-DVR unit that was available in Japan.

Also, for the benefit of Linux users and others who don't have native flash players in their web browsers, I'd like to ask that you post screenshots rather than videos to illustrate your work.

NeWmAn

SCPH-7002 is a PS1, you can't get VGA from it.
What kind of monitor is the one shown in the video? VGA or RGB?

phreak97

yeah, it is a psx as in the original playstation, ps2's are scph-##### (5 numbers)
the psx does not give out vga-compatible signals anywhere inside, if you want to display a psx on a regular vga monitor you will need to buy an upscan converter. the xrgb series seems popular.

if you are mistaking vga for rgb then it's another story.

archenemy666

this is Play Station 1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archenemy666/
here is one photo of this one

i just need to get better v sync signal and it will work good, so how to do this

and this is very old vga monitor

kendrick

What circuitry or modification have you added to produce a 30 kHz sync signal? Remember that the native RGB output is produced at 15 kHz by default.

Endymion

Dude the reason that it is not working right with a rolling, multiple image like that is because it is not compatible with a VGA signal. The only thing you can do is upscan the 15KHz signal that you have.

archenemy666

its not roling now  (this is a little bit old photo ) but looks like this

im using LM1881N

1 pin - > 13 VGA
2 pin -> Composite from PSX
3 pin -> not used (no signal from it :? )

rgb from psx to vga without capacitors

and this low v sync i take from psx

Endymion

But it's not possible to make that sync work with VGA, understand? That is why it looks the way it does. It must be upscaled. You will need an XRGB, XRGB2, XRGB2+ or similar device. There is no other way.

archenemy666

ok i know, so how to upscan this? any schematics?   ???

phreak97

most people just buy a converter, even in this community. which must mean it's either incredibly complicated, or the components are too expensive.