NTSC compatible isn't being very NTSC compatible

Started by Martin, June 18, 2005, 02:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

My NTSC/PAL TV (Sharp 66FW-53H) wont take a 60Hz signal in either PAL NTSC or RGB form. It cuts off the bottom of the image and the geometry goes whack at the bottom of the screen. There is also uneven picture brightness (a noticible increase near the bottom of the display)
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']barenakedladies[/font][/span]

viletim!

What's your video source? Maybe that's the problem...
If not then it's the TV - either a fault (in the vertical section) or just a poor design.

Martin

My video source is Xbox RGB output and DVD player's composite output
It does it on every source I've tried! And SHARP e-mail customer support told me to phone them :rolleyes:  

phreak97

sharp are generally very good for lower price range dual format tv's, i think yours may be faulty, you should call them.

Martin

Well because the Television has digital on screen picture adjustment menus, I'll asume that there is a hidden service menu somewhere.
Can anyone help me find the service menu code?
I've tried looking a few times but just found people with a blown TV bitching about how it wouldn't power up (see first post for model number) :P  

phreak97

on my sharp i had to turn the tv off with the button on the front (not standby), hold volume down and channel up on the tv (not the remote), then while held, turn it on again with the button on the front.

BUT! THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRENTY! i'd say if it's still under warrenty, take it to sharp first.

Martin

Well that worked! I have no idea how to save the settings though :P